Lead Practitioner Programme
Lead Practitioners are outstanding classroom practitioners who lead teaching and learning and demonstrate a whole school impact.
This programme is aimed at the next generation of outstanding practitioners who demonstrate a commitment to evidence-informed practice and the professional development of others. The Lead Practitioners role enables teachers to take the next step into whole school leadership whilst maintaining a focus on excellent teaching and learning.
The Harris Federation Lead Practitioner Programme is an 18-month course led by experienced and practising SLT, LPs, SLEs and Executive Coaches. There is a commitment to five face-to-face training days, and four two-hour Zoom training sessions.
All applications must be jointly made with a declaration from the school Principal.
As a result of the Lead Practitioner accreditation, schools will unlock the potential of their outstanding teachers, build leadership capacity and develop a culture of coaching and collaboration which will drive forward the quality of teaching and learning and improve outcomes for students.
This is also an opportunity to network and collaborate with other Lead Practitioner Designates from other schools.
The 18-month journey of enriched professional development is delivered through three training strands:
- Strand 1 – Classroom Practice
- Strand 2 – Leading Teaching & Learning
- Strand 3 – Whole School Impact
Cost: £550 per participant
Dates: Will start January 2023:
- Face to Face Session 1: Monday 15th January 2024
- Online Session 1: Thursday 1st February 2024
- Face to Face Session 2: Friday 1st March 2024
- Online Session 2: Monday 25th March 2024
- Online Session 3: Wednesday 26th June 2024
- Online Session 4: Monday 8th July 2024
- Face to Face Session 3: Monday 16th September 2024
- Face to Face Session 4: Monday 14th October 2024
- Face to Face Session 5: Friday 13th December 2024
To apply click below:
For further information please email Julia Quick: