Support for Mentors
Annual Regional Mentor Conference - 2nd March 2022
- Charlotte Raby is an Early Reading Expert and English Consultant and was a member of the DfE Expert Advisory Group on the new Leading Literacy NPQ.
- In her talk Charlotte will look at the Reading Framework - Teaching the Foundations of Literacy (DfE 2021) and how this guidance impacts primary and secondary teaching.
- Dr Richard Kueh HMI is the Ofsted Subject Lead for RE.
- In his talk Richard will give background to the Ofsted Research Review series and will look at the big picture of subject-based curricula, what we can learn from the Research Review, and the role of mentors in developing subject knowledge for their trainees and ECTs.
- Subject Forums: subject specific support for mentors and all teaching staff can be found here.
See 'Download' section below for the Conference slides.
On 2 March 2022, Teaching School Hubs in the Eastern Region are hosting an online conference for mentors. This event will be hosted by the Chafford Hundred, Saffron, Alpha, Cambridgeshire & Peterborough, Julian and Unity Teaching School Hubs.
- A free online conference for primary and secondary ITT and ECT mentors
- Wednesday 2 March 4:30-6:00pm
- Hear about how the Teaching School Hub can support you
- Find out more about the Teaching School Hubs' new regional Subject Forums
- Listen to talks by keynote speakers Dr Richard Kueh and Charlotte Raby
Mentor Conference - February 2021
We are delighted to have two keynote speakers;
Sam Twiselton - OBE, will speak about ensuring progression across the frameworks (ITT, ECT, ECF and beyond). Our second Keynote Speaker; Professor Caroline Daly from UCL, Institute of Education, will speak about effective mentoring approaches to ensure deep learning for both mentor & mentee. She will also look at challenging expert and novice assumptions about mentoring. You can see some of Caroline’s research on mentoring here: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Caroline_Daly6
There will also be a range of other topics such as:
- Trauma Practice in Covid Times
- Best Practice on How to Get the Most Out of the Mentor Meeting
- The Big Picture: Mentoring from ITT to ECF
|Charlotte Raby The Reading Framework 2 March 2022||08th Mar 2022||Download|
|How the Teaching School Hubs can support mentors||08th Mar 2022||Download|
|Subject Forums||08th Mar 2022||Download|
|ECF A Guide for Mentors and Early Career Teachers IOE||08th Mar 2022||Download|
|Educative mentoring Daly Palombo 2021||08th Mar 2022||Download|
|How to approach a mental health conversation with adults||08th Mar 2022||Download|
|Mentor Conference Feb. 21 QA session Your Questions Answered||08th Mar 2022||Download|
|Mentor Conference Feb. 21 slides||08th Mar 2022||Download|
|Reactions to trauma immediate and delayed||08th Mar 2022||Download|